25 Book Reviews

Tuesday, November 24, 2015

Oh my!! Love is just so confusing!!!

"Every Girl Gets Confused"
    By Janice Thompson

"How can she choose between the love she thought she lost and the love she stumbled upon in the aftermath??"

As I had read Janice's first book in the series, "Brides With Style" entitled "Every Bride Needs a Groom"  , I was delighted to find this new book in my mailbox. It appeared light and easy to read! I had loved the first book so much that I really wondered if this one could possibly match up to my preset standards and expectations.  To my surprise, I became totally engrossed in the story upon beginning chapter one.  
I would say that this book is romantic comedy at its best!! 

Katie Fisher and Brady James appear to be a match made in heaven!! Unfortunately, that doesn't seem to guarantee them a happily ever after along with angelic choirs. Katie's "almost" fiance, Casey, is back in Fairfield, prepared to rekindle their former relationship. One that was not all that successful in earlier years!  Katie's parents are ecstatic at the thought! They want nothing more than their daughter to come home from the big city of Dallas and be close to them once again. 

What Casey doesn't count on, is his former love, entranced by a handsome young man, in the big city where Katie has made her new home. Can Katie bear to leave Brady behind?  Will she ever be able to wear the beautiful wedding gown that she had won??

Janice has a unique style in her first person storytelling. She is able to write in a humorous fashion while developing her characters in a realistic, believable way. Each has his/her own little quirky ways that appeal to one's funny bone!! I must admit that even amongst serious situations, I would be caught up in giggles, being able to picture as well as feel the characters caught in this somewhat tangled web of complications of life. There is a more serious underlying theme throughout the book. Even when times are bad, God has a plan  that is consistent. We only have to allow him to guide us in the right direction. The characters fumble their way through the challenges while knowing that God can meet one's every need. 

The plot is well developed with just enough twists and turns to keep the reader captivated from beginning to end. Grief and some delicate subjects are dealt with in a light, sensitive manner. God's mercy and the gift of second chances are observed throughout this romantic tale. No one is exempt from hard times, it is how one reacts and responds that is important. Do we give God the chance to display His ever faithfulness and power??

This book can be read as a stand alone, however, I found that I enjoyed it  more as I felt as if I was once again meeting up with old friends that I had already met. I was just catching up on their lives! They had become part of me!!  
I highly recommend this book! A five star!!

As well as giving you a laugh, it will also leave you with a long lasting thought. There are second chances that only God can provide.  It is up to us to grab them!!

This book was supplied by Revell  in exchange for a fair and honest review. Now available from your local bookseller.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Another Fantastic Read by One of My Favorite Authors, Vannetta Chapman!

An Amish Proposal for Christmas  By Vannetta Chapman Synopsis: Her deepest Christmas wish will bring more than she imagined…in this novel by...